Reasons for unscheduled absences in 2004
- 38% Personal illness
- 23% Family issues - child/parent's doctor appointments, etc.
- 18% Personal needs - personal doctor appointment, trip to traffic court, car maintenance, etc.
- 11% Stress
- 10% Entitlement mentality
What do YOU do?
- How do you encourage your staff to tell you about these upcoming family/personal appointments in advance so you can give them the time they need (and will take anyway) and insure proper coverage in your area, notwithstanding?
- How do you encourage your staff to schedule their mental health days so that you can give them the time they need (and will take anyway) ?
- How do you respond to these unscheduled absences when they do occur so as to encourage advance notice of them in the future?
Labels: Success at Work