Give it a Rest!
Every hours, give yourself a short break. Take one to five minutes to press your "pause" button with one of these ideas:
- Stand up and stretch.
- Take a walk around the block.
- Splash some cold water on your face.
- Look away from the computer and gaze out a window.
- Eath a healthy snack.
- Sip ice water. (With each sip, your energy and alertness increases.)
- Close your eyes and focus on your breathing.
- Visit with a colleague or neighbor, and share a joke or a story.
- Call your significant other for a quick chat.
- Repeat this mantra throughout your day: "I have all the time I need to do everything I desire to do." (Before long, you may find it's true.)
Now let's not kid ourselves - this list is no panacea. But, trying working a few of these ideas and see what you see. Numbers 6 and 2 work well; what works well for you?
Labels: Life Coach - Life Coaching